[Air-L] Conferencing software for next year

Frederick Noronha [फ़र Frederick Noronha [फ़र
Wed Oct 22 11:49:01 PDT 2008

I thought my colleagues organising the foss.in conference in Bangalore
had some Free (as in Freedom) Software/Open Source code available for
managing their mega event. But I could not find a link to what exactly
they're using.  See a link to their registration system (currently
up): https://foss.in/2008/register/speakers/addSpeaker.php

Trawled freshmeat.net and found
OpenConf
A conference management system, including workshops & symposia.
http://freshmeat.net/projects/openconf/

See this discussion on Slashdot, but I can't find too many useful
links up there:
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/07/02/1954247&tid=215&tid=185&tid=4

Sourceforge.net has eight or so options:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?type_of_search=soft&words="conference+management"

Yet Another Conference Management System
YACOMAS (Yet another conference management system). A Conference
management system written in PHP and MySQL
http://sourceforge.net/projects/yacomas/

Conference Management System
COMS is a Technical Conference management system. It provides a web
interface for managing a conference. Some of the brief facilites
include submission of papars by authors, reviewing those paper by
reviewers and conference supervision by the chair.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/coms/

CMS - Conference Management System
CMS is built based on the SOA design principle and it offers a nice
looking web UI and a simple web service interface. It utilizes maven2,
struts2, axis2, jboss, ejb3 and many other java technologies and
tools.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/conf-management/

phpConfMan
PHP based Conference Management, Attendance Tracking, & Certificate
System (for Continuing Education Units - CEUs).
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpconfman/

Web Conference Management Tool
WCMT is a PHP-MySQL based tool for the management of scientific
conferences and congresses. It allows the convenor to manage the
review process of a medium to big sized conference.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wcmt/

iConf
This project aims to provide a conference management system.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/iconf08/

TMTSYS 2.0
TMTSys is a conference management system. It has been used for IEEE
APWCS 2003, MMRC Workshop 2003-2005, IEEE ICCE 2006-2008. The version
2.0 has been released with some new interesting features. The user
interfaces are simplified.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tmtsys/

Confman
Confman is a web based system for conference management
http://sourceforge.net/projects/confman/

FN

--
FN * Independent Journalist http://fn.goa-india.org