[Air-L] Call for posters for LOLcat art show - Oct 23

Marianne L. Goldin mgoldin at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 8 13:39:15 PDT 2008

CALL FOR POSTER(S):

I am curating the first-ever LOLcat art show in tangent with Icanhascheezburger.com and am seeking academic posters for our opening event on October 23rd in San Francisco.

The poster could be:

-Showcasing your own research about internet memes, internet art movements, LOLcats, etc.
-An analysis of icanhascheezburger site visitation data (I can provide this dataset)
-A parody of a scientific poster done in the LOLcat style/LOLspeak patois

Size: 60x40" (landscape or portrait)

Deadline: Must be ready to print by Oct 21

There is design and production support available, unless you prefer to do your own poster design. We would like to keep with the standard academic poster format.

The show is slated to receive much publicity, and your work will gain visibility on our website (which will be linked to from the icanhascheezburger.com site and thus well-trafficked) and the physical opening event in downtown San Francisco.

To apply, please email mgoldin at u.washington.edu .

Best Regards,
Marianne Goldin
mgoldin at u.washington.edu