[Air-L] Conferencing software for next year

chodge5 at utk.edu chodge5 at utk.edu
Thu Oct 23 09:49:03 PDT 2008

Our plan was to have the current conference chair (=chair of the group)
work with OCS alongside the incoming group chair/conference chair so
expertise and historical memory gets transferred along with training. Our
initial experience of OCS suggests that each chair might want to tweak the
setup (depending on the complexity of the conference, e.g.) but the basics
of OCS would remain the same. So far we've found OCS very powerful (=
complex, a drawback), and only occasional not as clear or intuitive as we
would like. We're hoping that we can address some of these issues by
providing clear instructions on the conference website and perhaps put
togeher a simple internal FAQ for program managers.

-c