[Air-L] Gender & Technology Videos

Marj Kibby Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Sep 2 15:18:04 PDT 2008

Hi Holly,

Did you consider Iron Man? It's scheduled for DVD release here on Sept 30.

Regards,
Marj

Dr Marjorie Kibby,
Senior Lecturer in Communication & Culture
Faculty of Education and Arts
The University of Newcastle,  Callaghan NSW 2308 Australia
Marj.Kibby at newcastle.edu.au
+61 2 49216604
>>> <holly-kruse at utulsa.edu> 09/03/08 7:24 AM >>>
I'm teaching a new course this semester on gender & technology, and
it's a general education course (or "Block II" -- social science --
here at the U of Tulsa), so the students are mostly first and second
year students.  I'll be gone for a week in October for AoIR, and I'm
wondering if there are any good videos/DVDs that I could schedule for
them to watch that week.

The topic that week is transportation technology (men, women, and
automobiles, with readings from the Scharff book), but  that doesn't
matter too much.  I'm interested in anything that's good.  The course
looks primarily at home, office, and communication technologies, with
the last part of the course devoted to new information and
communication technologies.  In the internet communication course that
I teach, I use Stephanie Tuszynski "IRL," so I don't also want to use
it in this class.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Holly

Holly Kruse