[Air-L] TPRC, September 26-28

Andrew Russell arussell at jhu.edu
Mon Sep 15 10:10:54 PDT 2008

Hi folks -

TPRC is well known to many on this list as a great place for
exploring the intersections of academic research and policy practice,
mainly but not exclusively focused on the US.  It is dominated by the
law and economics crowd, but it has always been friendly to graduate
students and open to diverse disciplines and methodologies (I did my
first conference talk ever there as a graduate student in history).
See http://tprcweb.com/node/41 for this year's program, which
includes panels on Zittrain's new book, Communication Policy in the
next US administration, and so on.

I have registered at the earlybird academic non-presenting rate of
$345 (plus $100 for the meals).  It now turns out that I cannot
attend, and the conference organizers refuse to do refunds.  They
did, however, say that I could transfer my registration to someone
else, which is why I am sending this note to the list....

I fear that if you are going to go, you have either registered or are
eligible for the "late registration" author/co-author rate.  But if
you have not yet registered, or you are interested in making an offer
for my registration (I am willing to negotiate ;-) please drop me an
email.  I am very sorry to miss it, but taking a $445 hit would
really be adding insult to injury....

Thanks, and for those of you attending, I am sure you'll enjoy what
is always an excellent event.

Cheers,

Andy

Andrew L. Russell, Ph.D