[Air-L] text suggestions?

Karen Farquharson KFarquharson at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed Sep 17 20:17:10 PDT 2008

Thanks to those who have responded so far both on- and offlist--I will compile the suggestions and post them in a few days.  If there are any more suggestions, I'd love to hear them (if you have something of your own, self-promotion is strongly encouraged!).

Karen

>>> "Karen Farquharson" <KFarquharson at groupwise.swin.edu.au> 16/09/08 9:32 AM >>>
I teach an internet and society subject and I'm looking for a text for next year.  The subject covers a variety of topics (e.g., social networking, identity, romance, games, politics, social movements) and I'm interested in a book that covers topics like those from a sociological perspective.  I used _The Internet in Everyday Life_  a couple of year ago and it worked well but is now a bit out of date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Karen

____________________________________
Dr Karen Farquharson
Senior Lecturer in Sociology
Academic Leader, Social and Policy Studies
Co-Editor, International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Society http://www.swin.edu.au/ijets
Faculty of Life and Social Sciences
Swinburne University of Technology
1 John St.
Hawthorn, VIC 3122
Australia
ph: +61-(0)3-9214-5889
email: kfarquharson at swin.edu.au

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214 8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.