[Air-L] "IRL" now available for direct download

Stephanie Tuszynski stuszyns at bethanywv.edu
Tue Sep 9 19:50:44 PDT 2008

Hello all -

First, I'm afraid I won't be seeing everyone in Copenhagen this year, as finances are just too tight right now. If any AOIRers will be at the Flow Conference in Austin prior to that, though, let me know!

Amazon has finally processed everything and IRL (http://www.dlfilms.com/irl/index.html) is now available for direct download through Amazon Unbox. The cost for a direct download is $17.95 US, which is $12 cheaper than purchasing the DVD, although none of the special features from the DVD are included.

I was unable to make it available to rent via Amazon Unbox, due to their rules on how long a video must be to qualify for rental, unfortunately.

That URL will take you to a page that will open a Flash video player. If you want to search for the film on Amazon, you have to search in the category "Video Downloads" rather than just in "movies/DVD."

This is pretty much the final stage of releasing the film, for which I'm thankful. It's been a 5 year journey to get to this point (good Lord, 5 years!).

Cheers.

Dr. Stephanie Tuszynski
Assistant Professor of Communication
Bethany College