[Air-L] Need help: conversational analysis, threads, blogs?

Sandra Harrison arx009 at coventry.ac.uk
Fri Sep 19 03:42:56 PDT 2008

Hi Gus,

My PhD was on "The Discourse Structure of Email discussions" and
involved both Conversation and discourse analysis of forum threads.

I have published some papers which may be of interest to you:

Harrison S (2004) 'Subverting conversational repair in computer-mediated
communication: pseudo repair and refusal to repair in a hostile email
discussion' in Mike Baynham, Alice Deignan and Goodith White (eds.)
Applied Linguistics at the Interface, British Studies in Applied
Linguistics Volume 19. London: BAAL Equinox, pp63-77

Harrison, S (2007) 'Transgressions, miscommunication and flames:
problematic incidents in email discussions' in Mia Consalvo & Caroline
Haythornthwaite, (Eds.) AoIR Internet Annual Volume 4, New York: Peter
Lang, pp 105-117

Harrison, S (2008) 'Turn taking in email discussions' in Sigrid Kelsey
and Kirk St.Amant (eds.) Handbook of Research on Computer Mediated
Communication. Hershey, Pennsylvania: Information Science Reference

Harrison S and Allton D (forthcoming - draft paper submitted) 'Apologies
in email discussions'

If you would like copies of any of these, do email me directly.

Sandra

Dr Sandra Harrison
Academic Co-ordinator
Coventry University School of Art and Design
Email s.harrison at coventry.ac.uk

Message: 5