[Air-L] Call for Nominations for 2008 AIIP Technology Award

Mark Goldstein markg at researchedge.com
Thu Sep 25 00:40:53 PDT 2008

The Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP -
http://www.aiip.org/) is pleased to announce that nominations are now open
for our ninth annual AIIP Technology Award. Members and non-members alike
are welcome to nominate any company or individual that produces information
products (databases, web organizers, Internet sites) as an entry in the
competition via a short and simple nominations form found online.

There will be two categories; one for web based services and another for
desktop software. Successful entries in each category will be new or
revamped products or technologies that help information professionals with
their day-to-day operations in locating, analyzing and organizing
information. The product must be related to the information field; AIIP does
not consider accounting, word-processing, database or spreadsheet, or other
programs not directly related to locating, analyzing, or organizing data
appropriate for this award. The deadline for nominations is October 10,
2008.

You will find more information about the AIIP Tech Award and access to the
simple nomination form at: http://www.aiip.org/TechAwardNominations

Please consider nominating your favorite information products. You can send
the completed nomination forms or your questions to: Ed Vawter, AIIP
Technology Awards Committee Co-Chair, E-mail: qdinfo at comcast.net &/or Mark
Goldstein, Co-Chair, E-mail: markg at researchedge.com. Electronic submittal of
the entry form via e-mail is preferred.

Previous winners of the AIIP Technology Award include:

2007: XLineSoft ASPRunner Professional, with honorable mention for IBM
Visual Communication Lab's Many Eyes
2005:  Copernic Desktop with honorable mention for Devon Technologies
DEVONagent and Wolff Worldwide
2004:  Net Snippets Professional Edition, with honorable mentions for Dialog
Corporation's DialogLink 4.0 and Microsoft Office OneNote 2003
2003: Google Toolbar
2002:  askSam 5
2001:  eGems Collector Pro
2000: IPO Express
1999: Webforia Organizer

The AIIP Technology Award will be presented to the winners at Internet
Librarian Conference (http://www.infotoday.com/il2008/) on Monday, October
20, 2008 in Monterey CA. Thanks to our friends at Information Today for
their continued support of AIIP and its initiatives. Please consider what
information products are most useful to you in your endeavors and help them
and us as we select the best of breed for our annual AIIP Technology Award.
Thanks!

Best Regards,
Mark Goldstein, AIIP Secretary
President, International Research Center
Voice & Fax: 602-470-0389, Skype: mark.goldstein
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/markgoldstein
E-Mail: markg at researchedge.com, IRC: http://www.researchedge.com/
Harnessing Global Information Resources for Informed Decision Making