[Air-L] Openings in Organizational Communication at Texas A&M University

Heidi Campbell hcampbe1 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 11:34:00 PDT 2008

Besides the opening in Media Studies at Texas A&M University already advertised on the list I wanted to let you know we also have 2 Openings in Organizational Communication and are interested in people who do network analysis or research on communication technology within organizations.  See below...

Heidi Campbell

Texas A&M University--Department of Communication

2 Positions in Organizational Communication

The Department of Communication at Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, invites applications for two tenure-track positions in organizational communication. Position One is an open rank position, and preference will be given to senior-level applicants.  Position Two is an entry-level position.

For both positions, we are especially interested in applicants who specialize in communication technology, organizational change and innovation, network analysis, international or multinational organizations, feminist approaches to organizing, organizational culture, race and ethnicity, and/or nonprofit organizations. Scholars with a variety of theoretical and methodological approaches are welcome.

These positions will augment our nationally-ranked program in organizational communication and complement existing department strengths in health communication as well as media and rhetorical studies.  In a unique and forward-thinking period of growth for this department, incoming faculty in organizational communication will be joining with other new hires in all concentrations within the department.

To receive fullest consideration, applicants should apply by November 1, 2008, but applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.  Interested candidates should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, relevant teaching materials, one or more examples of scholarly work, and three letters of reference to:  J. Kevin Barge, Department of Communication, 4234 TAMU, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843-4234.  Phone:  (979) 845-5500; FAX: (979) 845-6594; email:  kbarge at tamu.edu.  The department website is http://comm.tamu.edu.

The department offers the Ph.D., M.A., B.A., and B.S. degrees.  It has 20 tenure-track faculty members, 60 graduate students, and 1000 undergraduate majors.  Texas A&M University ranks among the top universities nationally in number of national merit scholars, total research expenditures, and total endowment funds.

Texas A&M University is an AA/EEO institution, is deeply committed to diversity, and responds to the needs of dual-career couples.