[Air-L] odd query?

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 4 21:01:32 PDT 2008

I am so sorry Charles because this problem is too much for me as I am
not an accountant.

I will mention that landfills are filling up with e-waste some great
tonnage an hour in the USA is produced every hour(I heard 40 tons)
and there are studies that in fact since 1990 paper use has increased
(paper less office report at Statistics Canada).
I once told persons supporting persons with disabilities that if they
bought someone a computer make sure to buy them a printer.

It seems to me at this point that AOIR is not helping the e waste
problem by encouraging the latest and greatest e stuff that will
become the e waste of next week.

Free geek may have your answer www.freegeek.org

I have been a teaching assistant for some professors who used mostly
electronic mark recording sheets and others who use paper copies. The
paper copies were used for security reasons and the professor who did
this had used computers for years.... Well she kept electronic
records but on a non-networked computer.

Asking yourself, "What is the carbon footprint?" or like questions,
seems like doing yoga mediation and trying to connect the different
methods with the rest of the universe.

Sorry I could not be more helpful but the question really needs to be
asked.