[Air-L] Classifying YouTube Videos

Muhammad Abdul-Mageed mumageed at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 00:36:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

You might like to look into the tags used. You may conduct some content analysis of the tags and see how users like to tag the videos. The previous studies on tagging maintained the distinction between tags by individuals and those by organizations (say a school that uploads videos related to its activities) and I guess this may be a distinction that we like to maintain and build upon. Also, the time during which a video was tagged is crucial since YouTube is being improved as the system suggests tags, etc. So, a blind system is different from one that has suggestions. I guess the categories that are used for the videos by the system right now can serve as a background for your work.

I hope that helps!

Best,

--
Muhammad Abdul-Mageed,