[Air-L] Lessons in Second Life

Alan Sondheim sondheim at panix.com
Tue Sep 9 13:11:09 PDT 2008

Re: Lessons in Second Life - Some of you might be interested in a complex
installation I've been working on, modifying, for eleven weeks now - it's
called The Accidental Artist, and is in the Odyssey artspace in Second Life.
If you have an account, you can click on
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Odyssey/48/12/22
and it will take you there; if you don't have an account, it's easy enough
to get one.

The exhibition changes almost daily at this point, and is developing a kind
of liquid architecture within a space and physics treated as largely
malleable. I put up images from the various stages at

http://www.alansondheim.org/

and there are a series of texts, summarized to some extent in

http://www.alansondheim.org/sltheory.txt

that develop and describe the ideas behind the work. The full texts are at

http://www.alansondheim.org/ps.txt
http://www.alansondheim.org/pt.txt
http://www.alansondheim.org/pu.txt

Please note that not all of the URLs work, since I have to keep taking out
earlier images and videos as a result of limited bandwiddth.

Thanks,

Alan Sondheim
sondheim at panix.com