[Air-L] Conspiracy Groups

Holly Kruse holly-kruse at utulsa.edu
Wed Sep 10 19:05:31 PDT 2008

Mark Fenster's _Conspiracy Theories: Secrecy and Power in American
Culture_ has just come out in a revised edition that deals with 9/11
conspiracy theories.  The original included analysis of the
alt.conspiracy Usenet newsgroup.  Here's the link:

http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/f/fenster_conspiracy.html

> I'm hoping that the combined wisdom of this list can point me in
> the correct direction.  One of my undergraduate students is writing
> her senior thesis on American 9/11 conspiracy theory groups.  I can
> help her with a general sociological framing of these groups, but
> I'm not sure where to direct her in terms of literature on new
> media and conspiracy groups (apart from a good This American Life
> episode from National Public Radio).  Do any of you have
> suggestions for specific articles/books on conspiracy theory groups
> and their use of new media?

Holly

-----
Holly Kruse