[Air-L] Advice on ripping a twitter feed

Andrew Long ALong at infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Thu Apr 2 15:05:31 PDT 2009

You could try http://tweetbackup.com to grab all tweets for a given user
and then
export these as text, HTML or XML.

: -----Original Message-----
: From: Anstead Nicholas Mr (PSI) [mailto:N.Anstead at uea.ac.uk]
: Sent: Thursday, 2 April 2009 11:17 p.m.
: To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
: Subject: [Air-L] Advice on ripping a twitter feed
:
: Hi everyone,
:
: I was wondering if anyone had any experience of taking a twitter feed
: and downloading the context of it, so as it could be turned into a
text
: file for analysis?
:
: Using either an individual's twitter page or twitter search you can
: generate an RSS feed (for example:
: http://search.twitter.com/search.atom?q=%23barackobama is the feed for
: #BarackObama). But I can't find a way to download it in a usable form.
:
: I did try Stu Shulman's excellent blog capture tool
: (https://surveyweb2.ucsur.pitt.edu/qblog/page_login.php) but it didn't
: seem to be able to see the feeds.
:
: Does anyone have any suggestions?
:
: Many thanks, Nick
:
:
: --
: Nick Anstead
:
: Lecturer in Politics,
: School of Political, Social and International Studies,
: University of East Anglia
:
: [r] Arts 3.59
: [e] n.anstead at uea.ac.uk