[Air-L] archiving writers' e-work (fwd)

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 8 13:45:34 PDT 2009

On 8-Apr-09, at 1:07 PM, jcu wrote:

> Has anyone heard of someone bequeathing
> their 'cloud' of personal info to a loved one/
> family member? In the world of computer forensics,
> can a family member legally gain access to/take ownership
> of a deceased family members' mobile me accounts
> (the contents of it), for example?
>
> Is anyone researching this aspect of e-writing

The question concerns me based on a news item some years back on
archiving famous person's emails at some famous library in Britain and
the incompatibility of older email software.

I also thought of this as a possible new business going into a dead
person's computer and presenting their family with a package of
stuff's like their writings.