[Air-L] current cyberculture literature on transgendering and social networks etc?

niels van doorn nielsvandoorn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 05:00:13 PDT 2009

Hi Radhika,

i have a publication in New Media & Society coming up later this year, which
deals with the performance of gender, sexuality and friendship on MySpace.
It does not deal explicitly with transgender issues, but does focus on
genderbending practices and queer forms of affective networking. If you are
interested i could send you a PDF.

best,

Niels van Doorn
PhD candidate and junior lecturer
Amsterdam School of Communications Research
University of Amsterdam
the Netherlands