[Air-L] some yahoo questions

Michael Zimmer zimmerm at uwm.edu
Tue Apr 21 22:01:46 PDT 2009

Srinija Srinivasan was Yahoo's fifth employee, and as a graduate from
Stanford's Symbolic Systems program, she was tasked with creating
Yahoo's early ontology and classification system. While currently (I
think) Yahoo's Editor-in-Chief, I at the start she was nick-named the
"Ontological Yahoo".

Srinija spoke at NYU a few years back,[1] and I think Helen Nissenbaum
has stayed in touch with her if you need to make contact.

[1] http://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/ili/colloquia/pastcolloquia/index.htm

-michael.

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org