[Air-L] Your Opinion

jeremy hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Apr 15 12:15:47 PDT 2009

True, but there in a 747 we are talking about something a bit more
like a complex system of technologies, much like say the hoover damn
than the the canonical aristotelian example which is similar
though.... it is captaining a ship, which is a complex system, and
takes years of mentorship, which is why i later talked about this in
terms of that apprenticeship model of knowledge acquisition.

but in the end i was talking about the skills necessary to achieve
literacy more than the literacy in this post and the practicing/
development of those skills will likely be performed in a social
context as an individual....

probably should also state that i generally mean a bit more than
objects when i refer to technology, i tend to mean more than the
echnics as the technology, so technology includes is all the social,
cultural, ideological, systems that exist within the ecological arena
that situates the technology in its performative and other
contexts.    that is closer i think to the 'techne' 'logos' meaning of
technology than perhaps the more modern object without context.

anyway, i'm still supposed to be writing about knowledge and commodity
forms in the information society and am still avoiding it.