[Air-L] Using the term weblog/blog

Ann-Charlotte Palmgren apalmgre at abo.fi
Mon Apr 20 07:05:40 PDT 2009

I've received a message that my article about blogging and eating
disorders will be published in a Scandinavian journal. At the same
time I received a message from the journal's language expert about my
use of the term weblog. They are questioning the use and asks why I
don't use the term blog. For some reason I have imagined that the term
weblog is being used more often in research. Now I'm not so sure about
it. What is your impression? Does it matter if I use the term weblog
or blog?

Ann-Charlotte Palmgren
doctoral student
Åbo Akademi University