[Air-L] Photojournalism

Andrea Tapia atapia at ist.psu.edu
Fri Apr 24 09:36:28 PDT 2009

Hello to the list!

I am currently working with a brilliant undergraduate honors student here at
Penn State. He is working on an honors thesis focusing on photojournalism.
He is seeking assistance both in terms of building a literature review as
well as perhaps interviewing some academic experts. If you can help please
email him directly. Thank you.

Andrea Tapia, College of Information Sciences and Technology, Penn State

***Maxwell Kruger   maxwell at psu.edu

Maxwell says, "I am working on a research study for my honors thesis which
is looking at the effects of technology on the field of photojournalism. In
particular, I am looking at citizen contributions and how traditional media
outlets have used them in the past and how they can take better advantage
reader contributions, focusing on multimedia such as photos, audio, and
video.  I am conducting some interviews with professionals and with user
contributors to look at how we can improve user contribution.  Based on this
information, I will be creating a demo mobile application or prototype
allowing users to contribute news and will be conducting some trial runs
with users to look at how they make use of the new software and features."