[Air-L] Advice on ripping a twitter feed

Stuart Shulman stuart.shulman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 07:09:59 PDT 2009

We are looking into the viability of capturing feeds with the Blog Analysis
Toolkit...if there is an RSS feed, we should be able to capture it.

https://surveyweb2.ucsur.pitt.edu/qblog/page_login.php

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Emma Duke-Williams <
emma.dukewilliams at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/4/2 Anstead Nicholas Mr (PSI) <N.Anstead at uea.ac.uk>:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone had any experience of taking a twitter feed
> > and downloading the context of it, so as it could be turned into a text
> > file for analysis?
> >

> I'd also be interested in that ... I've used Wordle (which works with
> the RSS feed) on Twitter feeds & had hoped to compare a Wordle with a
> Treecloud ( http://www.treecloud.org/  & also
>
> http://www.daniel-lemire.com/blog/archives/2009/04/01/generate-your-own-tree-clouds/
> )
> However, I couldn't work out how to get the text that I needed!
>
> Emma
> --
> Emma Duke-Williams:
> School of Computing/ Faculty eLearning Co-ordinator, University of
> Portsmouth, UK.
> Blog: http://userweb.port.ac.uk/~duke-wie/blog/<http://userweb.port.ac.uk/%7Eduke-wie/blog/>
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/emmadw
> SL: Emmadw Rickenbacker

Dr. Stuart W. Shulman
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of Massachusetts Amherst
200 Hicks Way
Amherst, MA 01003

http://people.umass.edu/stu/
stu at polsci.umass.edu
413-545-5375

Editor, Journal of Information Technology and Politics
http://www.jitp.net

Director, QDAP-UMass
http://www.umass.edu/qdap/

Associate Director, National Center for Digital Government
http://www.umass.edu/digitalcenter/