[Air-L] Internet and cancer

Antonio A. Casilli Antonio.Casilli at ehess.fr
Sun Apr 19 23:41:40 PDT 2009

Hi all,
recently, an article about "the biological implications of social
networking" published in The Biologist by Aric Sigman (Fellow of the
English Royal Society for Medicine) has been causing quite a stir.
According to the author, intensive use of electronic media is linked to
increased morbidity/mortality for cancer.

I had already addressed that in post on my blog. Today it is a pleasure to
announce that, based on questionable data and on problematic assumptions,
I have come out with a seemingly preposterous claim: actually Internet
cures cancer!

To read all about it, please visit
http://www.bodyspacesociety.eu/2009/04/19/new-discovery-actually-internet-cures-cancer-eng/
Feel free to forward to anyone interested: this may save millions of
lives...
Best,
Antonio

Antonio A. Casilli
Centre Edgar Morin
Institut Interdisciplinaire d'Anthropologie du Contemporain
(CNRS/EHESS)
Paris FRANCE