[Air-L] Facebook posts used to fire people in Australia

Ben Light B.Light at salford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 10:13:16 PDT 2009

Thanks for the link Monica and the discussion.  I've just finished a session
with a PhD student I am working with who's just about to jump into the field
and follow the development and implementation of social media at a network
solutions company - her focus is on the possible implications for 'home' and
'work' life.

Of course we found ourselves talking about the telework research of the 80s,
but also the pre-industrial revolution cottage industries of the UK!  I'm
sure we could go back further :O)

Ben.

Ben Light
Professor of Digital Media
Director IS, Organisations and Society Research Centre
Acting Associate Head of School - Research
School of Media, Music and Performance
The University of Salford
Adelphi House
Salford