[Air-L] FAQs & community norms

Janet Sternberg janet.sternberg at nyu.edu
Fri Apr 17 06:40:18 PDT 2009

Greetings,

In my 2001 PhD dissertation, "Misbehavior in Cyber Places: The
Regulation of Online Conduct in Virtual Communities on the Internet," I
reviewed literature on FAQs (including Dutton's article, among others)
and considered the role of FAQs in enforcing online community norms,
along with related materials like RFCs, AUPs, TOSs, etc. The
dissertation is available from ProQuest/UMI in both printed and
electronic form (PDF file) at
http://wwwlib.umi.com/dissertations/fullcit/3022160

Regards to all,
Janet