[Air-L] Julian Dibbell to Speak in 2009 Steve Jones Internet Research Lecture

Sarina Chen Sarina.Chen at uni.edu
Mon Apr 20 13:24:54 PDT 2009

Julian Dibbell, author of Play Money: or, How I Quit My Day Job and
Made Millions Trading Virtual Loot (Basic, 2006), and My Tiny Life:
Crime and Passion in a Virtual World (Henry Holt, 1999), will speak in
the Steve Jones Internet Research Lecture Series during the 2009
annual convention of the International Communication Association
(ICA), on Friday, May 23, 2009, at 4:30 pm, in Ohio State Room, in
Downtown Chicago Marriott.  Dibbell’s lecture is entitled, “Kittens,
Kittens, and the Crisis of Online-Cultural Propriety:  An Exercise in
Memetic Literacy.

The Steve Jones Internet Research Lecture Series is sponsored by the
Carl Couch Center for Social and Internet Research (http://www.cccsir.org
) and supported by the International Communication Association (ICA, http://www.icahdq.org
).  The lecture series is designed to bring leading Internet thinkers
to the ICA Conference to promote Internet research to foster
collaborations with communication researchers.  For questions and
comments about this event, please contact Shing-Ling Sarina Chen at sarina.chen at uni.edu
.