[Air-L] Facebook posts used to fire people in Australia

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Thu Apr 9 09:07:18 PDT 2009

Michael:

I love your work!

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org
[mailto:air-l-bounces at listserv.aoir.org] On Behalf Of Michael Zimmer
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 7:41 PM
To: air-l at listserv.aoir.org
Subject: Re: [Air-L] Facebook posts used to fire people in Australia

Re: taking "seemingly private Facebook chatter" "out of context", see
thoughts by me and others:

Facebook Changes Cause Rift in Flow of Personal Information (Michael
Zimmer)
<http://michaelzimmer.org/2006/09/06/facebook-changes-cause-rift-in-flow
-of-personal-information/

More on Facebook and the Contextual Integrity of Personal Information
Flows (Michael Zimmer)
<http://michaelzimmer.org/2006/09/08/more-on-facebook-and-the-contextual
-integrity-of-personal-information-flows/

Putting Privacy Settings in the Context of Use (in Facebook and
elsewhere) (danah boyd)
<http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2008/10/22/putting_privacy.ht
ml

How Facebook Broke its Culture (Fred Stutzman)
<http://chimprawk.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-facebook-broke-its-culture.ht
ml

Facebook, Context, and Privacy (William McGeveran)
<http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/infolaw/2007/09/17/facebook-context/>

and, finally,

Yes, Privacy Does Still Exist in a Facebook World (Michael Zimmer)
<http://michaelzimmer.org/2009/03/08/yes-privacy-does-still-exist-in-a-f
acebook-world/

Are there other good approaches to privacy on Facebook in a contextual
frame that I'm missing?
-michael.

--
Michael Zimmer, PhD
Assistant Professor, School of Information Studies Associate, Center for
e: zimmerm at uwm.edu
w: www.michaelzimmer.org