[Air-L] Internet Research Group of Otago (IRGO) - unConference 1.0 > call for submissions

Andrew Long ALong at infoscience.otago.ac.nz
Wed Aug 5 15:06:25 PDT 2009

Dear Subscribers -

IRGO is pleased to be hosting the inaugural IRGO unConference on the
23rd and 24th of November 2009

at the Centre for Innovation, University of Otago, Dunedin (New
Zealand).  The topic of the unConference is

"New Zealand's Digital Futures."  Our opening address will be by
Professor Greg Hearn, Director of the

Institute for Creative Industries and Innovation at QUT.  Our closing
speaker will be announced shortly.

The unConference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners from
around the region to discuss

the future of the internet from multiple perspectives.  In particular,
the conference will focus around

three key questions.  Firstly, what might be possible for the future
internet of the region?  Secondly,

what will citizens want from the internet in the future (two, five, ten
years ahead)?  And thirdly, what

potential internet problems or issues will we have to navigate in the
immediate future?

As this is an unConference, the direction of the discussion is up to
you.  We are using a submission system

where people can suggest topics for panels, nominate panelists, and even
vote topics up or down.  The final

list of topics will be decided by popular vote -- and you do not need to
be a registered attendee to vote!  We

will be making conference artifacts available online, so anyone
interested can nominate and vote on topics.

Finally, thanks to University of Otago, registration is FREE. However,
places are limited, so please register

ASAP to confirm your place.

For general information on the conference:
http://irgo.otago.ac.nz/glance.html

To connect to the submissions system:
http://irgo.otago.ac.nz/submissions.html

For registration: http://irgo.otago.ac.nz/registration.html

Please feel free to forward to any interested colleagues.  If you have
any questions, please do not hesitate

to contact us through the website or via email: irgo at otago.ac.nz

We look forward to seeing you in November

the IRGO steering committee

http://irgo.otago.ac.nz

http://andrew-long.name | Department of Information Science | School of
Business

University of Otago   |  NZ  |  +64 3 479 8319  |
mailto:along at infoscience.otago.ac.nz