[Air-L] In the morning, go online

McLaughlin, Lisa M. Dr. mclauglm at muohio.edu
Tue Aug 11 16:29:52 PDT 2009

Anyone who's ever had a dog (or three, as in my case) can put the lie to this article's conclusion. They (very much like infants and toddlers) aren't keen to wait for people to go online before the dependent is ready to begin her/his day. I expect that there are those who breast feed or diaper on the left while using the right hand for laptop activities such as checking email, but no one (who is normal) wants to try that with a 95 pound bloodhound hanging on one's arm...

Why can't the NYT feature a story about going online without hyping it (or seriously considering the "digital divide"--not between hounds and people but between people and people)?

-Lisa

On 8/11/09 6:49 PM, "Samuel Klein" <meta.sj at gmail.com> wrote:

Wash up, [connect,] change, eat, [browse, correspond, plan,] pack,
[toggle away,] leave the house.  Work online in brackets.

http://www.aoir.org/

--
Lisa McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor,