[Air-L] Study Finds That Online Education Beats the Classroom

Radhika Gajjala cyborgwati at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 16:04:20 PDT 2009

Christian I agree.

Its not online vs offline - but difference in pedagogy and engagement. The
student has to be active in online discussion to be "present" - likewise the
instructor has to be engaged on various levels in order to keep up with
"teaching" in an online setting.

It also takes much more time and effort on the part of the instructor before
- in preparing - and during class ...

--
Radhika Gajjala
Professor of Communication Studies and Cultural Studies