[Air-L] Curtin Research fellowships - Internet Studies

Joshua B. Treadway listserv.aoir.org at elkears.com
Wed Aug 19 19:59:16 PDT 2009

Off hand I can suggest checking out http://jennyryan.net/ but I find that
most issues of internet studies journals have at least one article regarding
social networking sites. I would suggest requesting the names of those
journals and then going through the catalog to pick out ones to read. The
nice thing about the infancy of this area of research is it being relatively
easy to peruse through articles dating all the way back to the beginning of
the field. I can't really recommend any particular journals as my focus area
is virtual worlds and I run with a slightly different crowd than you but I'm
sure others can point you in the right direction.

Joshua Treadway
Graduate Student - Anthropology
Florida Atlantic University
(I've been following the current discussion on signatures, my thought is:
the speakers field is going to bias and influence their response. I'd rather
know what the inherent biases are at the beginning)

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Adolfo Rudy Cardona <adolfocardona at usa.net