[Air-L] The Internet and Politics: Key Readings

Kluver, Randy rkluver at ipomail.tamu.edu
Mon Aug 10 15:25:28 PDT 2009

Bill and Steve,

I apologize for not quite understanding the thread, but from what I read it seems to be an attempt to identify key readings in internet and politics.

At the risk of being overly self-serving, I just want to mention the work that we did from 2004-2007 on the internet in international political campaigns (Bill, I know you are aware of it, given Nick's time at OII during this project).  It is so far the only comparative analysis of the impact of the internet in elections around the world, using a common framework of analysis and methodology, and many members of AoIR were involved in the research.

There were multiple publications out of the work, but the summary was ultimately published as The Internet and National Elections: A Comparative Study of Web Campaigning (Eds. R. Kluver, N. Jankowski, K. Foot, and S. Schneider, Routledge, 2007).

If you are interested, pre-publication proofs of the chapters are available here:
http://ipa.tamu.edu/projects/Elections.asp

--
Randy Kluver, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Pacific Asia

Coke 204 | 1377 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-1377 | USA
Tel. +1 979.845.3099 | Fax. +1 979.845.3085
Email rkluver at tamu.edu | Web ipa.tamu.edu