[Air-L] Job opportunity: Senior Researcher - eDemocracy Programme, Hansard Society

Andy Williamson andy at wairua.co.nz
Thu Aug 20 01:53:59 PDT 2009

Are you passionate about the potential for digital media to transform
politics and democracy and can you underpin that passion with a proven
track record in digital democracy and high-quality research?

The eDemocracy Programme is looking to appoint a Senior Researcher.
The successful candidate will have a relevant research-based
qualification and an established track-record of work in one or more
of the programme's key discipline areas, most notably digital
engagement and/or online political communication.

You will have developed an intuitive grasp of emerging digital
technologies and trends and be able to demonstrate experience in
developing research proposals, research design, data collection
methods (including interviews, focus groups and surveys) and data
analysis (qualitative and quantitative). Alongside your ability to
convey complex ideas and information succinctly to a range of
audiences, in writing and in person, you will have developed relevant
networks including senior people in the political, governmental,
academic and non-governmental spheres.

Based in London, the Hansard Society's eDemocracy Programme has led the way in
understanding how digital media affect and transform the way democracy
works. From the internet's impact on parliament, to better government
engagement with citizens and the potential for civil society to
harness digital media, our thought-leading research has been a
formative part of an emergent digital Britain. Today, we undertake
research and produce publications and commentaries that deliver value
and push the boundaries of digital democracy. Our work is about
democratic innovation. Focusing on online political communication and
citizen engagement, our work explores the many faces of digital
inclusion, citizen engagement, political campaigning and parliamentary
process.

For more information and an application pack:
http://www.hansardsociety.org.uk/blogs/about_us/archive/2007/01/22/vacancies.aspx

Andy

--
Dr Andy Williamson

email andy at andywilliamson.com
website www.andywilliamson.com
uk/europe +44 20 8133 7412
us/canada +1 415 578 4504
asia/pacific +61 3 9018 7165

shaping our digital future: research & consultancy | policy & practice