[Air-L] mass mailing software

Tery G teryg93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:05:56 PDT 2009

Hi all,

My school is participating in a research study that will involve
sending email messages to our incoming freshmen (500-600 students).
I'm in the process of setting up a mailman email list on dreamhost,
which is our usual provider, but it just occurred to me that they
might not allow adding so many names to a list in just a day or two.
I've found in the past that dreamhost is incredibly rule-bound; if
their in-house rules say something, nothing, no matter how logical and
legitimate, will get them to make an exception.

If I run into that problem, does anyone know of software or a service
I can have ready as a backup? I have the technical background to
install software on the server, so that's not a problem. Price, of
course, is a problem. Whatever I use has to be free or cheap.

Thanks in advance for all help.

Best,
Tery Griffin