[Air-L] Credentials

Dr. Rasha Abdulla rasha at aucegypt.edu
Tue Aug 18 20:13:32 PDT 2009

Ok, folks, you've made your point. I've obviously stumbled on a beehive of
some sort. All I meant was I'd personally appreciate it if the person
talking to me (among others, I know) would let me know a little bit about
who he/she is, if only for the sake of including folks like me who might not
be lucky enough or experienced enough or have been around enough to know
most people on the list. I apologize if I have offended anybody, that
certainly wasn't my intention, but I still stand by my point that,
personally, I'd like to know more about the people posting messages on a
"public" listserv, and I don't think that's too much to ask (and yes, Jeff,
knowing that you're a parachutist bungee jumper is actually interesting and
gives me more perspective on who you are. At least I'll remember that next
time you post a message since I haven't had the priviledge of meeting you
personally yet). Of course we can argue for ages about whether this list is
public or private, but that's another topic of discussion.

I thank the few who sent me private messages of support, and the many who
disagreed with me publicly. That's what the list is for, I guess. I'll
continue to sign my full name and title/link/description/whatever, and I
appreciate those who do others that courtesy and certainly now understand
why others who don't don't.

All the best.
Rasha