[Air-L] Looking for scholars in the humanities who work on social media

Burcu Bakioglu bbakiogl at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:39:34 PST 2009

Thank you guys... I was initially running the inquiry for a friend. Now, I
am kinda glad I did. The results look very interesting :)

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Mirko Tobias Schaefer
<M.T.Schaefer at uu.nl>wrote:

> you might be interested in our latest publication, formulating a more
> 'materialist' approach to new media:
> Digital Material. Tracing New Media in Everyday Life and Technology.
> University of Amsterdam Press. 2009.
> You can download it from http://mtschaefer.net/entry/digital-material/
> (for a critique of Web 2.0 you might want to have a look at my contribution
> to the book: "Participation Inside? User Activities between Design and
> Appropriation"
> I have written more on that in my dissertation: Bastard Culture! User
> Participation and the Extension of Cultural Industries. Utrecht University
> 2008. (it will be published at Amsterdam University Press next year).
> http://mtschaefer.net/entry/bastard-culture-2/
> Another critical account is José van Dijck: Users like you? Theorizing
> Agency in User-generated Content.
> http://mcs.sagepub.com/cgi/pdf_extract/31/1/41
> best wishes
> mirko tobias
> Burcu Bakioglu wrote:
>> Folks,
>> Does anyone out there know of anyone in the humanities who's a critic of
>> social media? Running this query for a colleague... Thanks a bunch!

Burcu S. Bakioglu, Ph.D.

Skype: PaleFireR
AIM: PaleFireR

"Congratulations! You're the first human to fail the Turing test."