[Air-L] CFP AMCIS 2010 Mini-track> Social Theory in Information Systems Research (STIR 2010)

Howard Rosenbaum hrosenba at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 15 10:19:45 PST 2009

Call For Papers:

AMCIS Mini-track: Social Theory in Information Systems Research (STIR
2010)
16th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Lima Peru,
August 12-15, 2010

Conference Website: http://www.amcis2010.org/home/

This Mini Track solicits research papers, research-in-progress papers,
and panel proposals on social theory in information systems research.
This will be the 11th consecutive year for the Mini Track at AMCIS,
and we hope to continue a tradition of high quality paper submissions,
thought-provoking presentations and lively discussion for all IS
researchers using, or considering the use of, social theory in their
work.

Within this Mini Track, we seek to attract research papers, research-
in-progress papers, and panels from all IS researchers who are using
the work of social theorists, organizational theorists, sociotechnical
theorists, and cultural anthropologists in their research.

Possible Topics:  We want to highlight research that uses social
theory, sociotechnical theory, and social informatics approaches to
critically examine the constitution of information and communications
technologies, and their roles in organizations and society.  For
example, the work of social theorists (e.g., Callon, Castells,
Bourdieu, Giddens, Putnam), organizational theorists (e.g., Powell,
DiMaggio, Scott), sociotechnical theorists (e.g., Bijker , Hughes,
Kling), cultural anthropologists (e.g., D'Andrade, Holland, Suchman),
symbolic interactionists (e.g., Strauss , Star), and many others are
being used to address the most important questions about IS,
organizations, and society.  We invite IS research that applies,
builds on, compares, or critiques these social theories.

Submission Process:

Full paper submissions must be made electronically through the AMCIS
on-line submission system (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com:80/
amcis2010), by February 26, 2010.  Papers should not exceed 5,000
words, including all attachments.

Important dates:

Papers Due: February 26, 2010
Notification of Acceptance: April 12, 2010
Final Copy Due: April 26, 2010

Minitrack chairs:

Howard Rosenbaum, School of Library and Information Science Indiana
University (hrosenba at indiana.edu )
Pnina Shachaf, School of Library and Information Science Indiana
University (shachaf at indiana.edu)