[Air-L] facebook ethnic diversity?

Nils Zurawski nils.zurawski at uni-hamburg.de
Fri Dec 18 03:59:11 PST 2009

which facebook is meant? The North American one?
What about facebook in general? then those
"ethnic" categories would not work, because, if
you take the global perspective, facebook is as
diverse as the countries from which its
participants come... I find this survey rather
limited and of no great use beyond the US/Canada
(if that is included anyway).

Also, those categories would be useless anywhere
else in the world... facebook in Asia - how about
asian ethnicities there???

best

nilz

--
Dr. Nils Zurawski
Institut für Volkskunde/Kulturanthropologie

Projekt: Konsumkontrolltechnologien

http://www.surveillance-studies.org/blog