[Air-L] facebook ethnic diversity?

Dave Karpf davekarpf at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:41:17 PST 2009

I'd also note that the *great* value in a study like this is that it's
revealing findings from high-quality, proprietary data.  To my great
frustration, I've regularly found that the good traffic data is almost
universally proprietary in nature, leaving academic researchers at a
substantial disadvantage when trying to understand web traffic patterns and
online community development.

Better to have organizations publicizing their institutional research,
complete with marketing categories that help them sell online ad space, than
have them conduct it in secrecy and leave the research community in the
dark.

-Dave