[Air-L] Apple Mac qualitative data analysis

Trevor Harvey tsharvey at fsu.edu
Wed Feb 4 08:53:16 PST 2009

Depending on the type of qualitative research you do, you might want
to take a look at Tinderbox. I have been using Tinderbox (http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/
) for several years and have found it to be an excellent tool for
ethnographic fieldnotes and research analysis. It is much less
structured than many of the tools already mentioned, so it may not be
the best option for some. But it is very flexible and shines when
working with semi-structured and unstructured notes/data and for
focusing on emergent structure within your notes. It also uses XML as
its native file format, which I find to be a benefit.

Kindly,
Trevor

____

Trevor S. Harvey