[Air-L] WebQubed: Web 2.0 Mixed and Mashed

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 17 12:25:37 PST 2009

While I believe that many Web 2.0 developments are Quite Innovative, I
sense that the integration of Web 2.0 technologies are Not As Radical as
they could be ...

For Example:

***Are There Current Web 2.0 Mashups / Services / Sites / Etc. That
Allow A User To:***

>Add a relevant audio / photo / video / etc. TO a private/public PDF /
Word / TXT / document ?

>>Add a tag to relevant audio / photo / text / video / etc. that is
**Linked** to a relevant private/public audio /photo / text / video /

>>> Add a linked-tag (for audio / photo / text / video /etc. ) to
national catalog record (via Open WordCat)? To a local OPAC record ( A
PennTags & Plus)?

The Question Of The Day is:

To What Degree Has The Wide Variety Of Media Been Integrated Into Other
Media ?? / To What Degree Has Such Media Been Mixed And Mashed To Create
A New Medium ?

How Might Libraries Benefit From Such Integration?

BTW: I have created a Global Facebook Group that is  "devoted to
consideration and discussion of any and all (Im)Possible / (Im)Probable
intergrations of Any and All Web 2.0 technologies" which is available is
linked form

[ http://tinyurl.com/d4nsw8 ]

BTW: I am aware  of All Things Web 2.0

>> Let The Radical Thinking Begin <<

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/  ]