[Air-L] Does Comm Sci notice the internet?

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Feb 9 07:33:48 PST 2009

A provocative Q, to be sure, and of course, the answer to members of this
list is Yes.

BUT

I just went thru the entire "intersections" (with other disciplines) issue
of the J of Communication (54, 4, 12/08) and didn't notice one mention of
the Internet, or the new media in general. Perhaps I missed some obscure
thing, but I wuz amazed.

Having started this, please excuse me if i don't respond personally.
Deadlined on my book chapter NOW.

 Barry Wellman

  S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology, FRSC              NetLab Director
  Department of Sociology                        University of Toronto
  725 Spadina Avenue, Room 388                  Toronto Canada M5S 2J4
  http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~wellman            fax:+1-416-978-3963

  Updating history:     http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php