[Air-L] Facebook's ToS Changes

Richard Forno rforno at infowarrior.org
Mon Feb 16 07:06:27 PST 2009

For those on Facebook, FYI:

Facebook's New Terms Of Service: "We Can Do Anything We Want With Your
Content. Forever."
By Chris Walters, 6:14 PM on Sun Feb 15 2009, 82,243 views

Facebook's terms of service (TOS) used to say that when you closed an
account on their network, any rights they claimed to the original
content you uploaded would expire. Not anymore.

Now, anything you upload to Facebook can be used by Facebook in any
way they deem fit, forever, no matter what you do later. Want to close
your account? Good for you, but Facebook still has the right to do
whatever it wants with your old content. They can even sublicense it
if they want.

< - >

http://consumerist.com/5150175/facebooks-new-terms-of-service-we-can-do-anything-we-want-with-your-content-forever