[Air-L] WebQubed: Web 2.0 Mixed and Mashed

McKiernan, Gerard [LIB] gerrymck at iastate.edu
Tue Feb 17 12:25:37 PST 2009

Colleagues/

While I believe that many Web 2.0 developments are Quite Innovative, I
sense that the integration of Web 2.0 technologies are Not As Radical as
they could be ...

For Example:

***Are There Current Web 2.0 Mashups / Services / Sites / Etc. That
Allow A User To:***

>Add a relevant audio / photo / video / etc. TO a private/public PDF /
Word / TXT / document ?

>>Add a tag to relevant audio / photo / text / video / etc. that is
**Linked** to a relevant private/public audio /photo / text / video /
etc.

>>> Add a linked-tag (for audio / photo / text / video /etc. ) to
national catalog record (via Open WordCat)? To a local OPAC record ( A
PennTags & Plus)?

The Question Of The Day is:

To What Degree Has The Wide Variety Of Media Been Integrated Into Other
Media ?? / To What Degree Has Such Media Been Mixed And Mashed To Create
A New Medium ?

How Might Libraries Benefit From Such Integration?

BTW: I have created a Global Facebook Group that is  "devoted to
consideration and discussion of any and all (Im)Possible / (Im)Probable
intergrations of Any and All Web 2.0 technologies" which is available is
linked form

[ http://tinyurl.com/d4nsw8 ]

BTW: I am aware  of All Things Web 2.0

>> Let The Radical Thinking Begin <<

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan

Associate Professor

Science and Technology Librarian

Iowa State University Library

Ames IA 50011

gerrymck at iastate.edu

There is Nothing More Powerful Than An Idea Whose Time Has Come / Victor
Hugo

[ http://www.blogger.com/profile/09093368136660604490  ]

Iowa: Where the Tall Corn Flows and the (North)West Wind Blows

[ http://alternativeenergyblogs.blogspot.com/  ]