[Air-L] internet literacy.

Peter Timusk ptimusk at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 20 21:17:28 PST 2009

I am more of a computer science student/scholar but got started with
books on Internet studies in the 76.9 range and the social impact of
computers books. So I am recommending a textbook from computer ethics.
I would also recommend giving students technical internet publishing
skills by having a secondary book on HTML or CSS or other technical
writing. This is so that students can be productive with the Internet
as I imagine much future communications your students do will involve
web publishing. Ian Graham has written for Wiley on HTML writing. His
tutorials on HTML at the University of Toronto's web space could be
used by those students who can not buy the second book.

Here is a book from the 76.9 range

Author 	Rosenberg, Richard S.
Title 	The social impact of computers / Richard S. Rosenberg.
Publisher 	Amsterdam ; Boston : Elsevier Academic Press, c2004.
Edition 	3rd ed.