[Air-L] The stimulus implementation

Larry Press lpress at csudh.edu
Mon Feb 23 15:24:39 PST 2009

Steven Clift asks:

 > Can Facebook Influence Stimulus Implementation?

I hope the answer is "yes!"  With or without the stimulus package, we
are about to install the next generation fiber and wireless Internet
access network.  The key question is:  Who will own and control it?

I've done a recent blog post pertaining to this topic:

http://cis471.blogspot.com/2009/02/lets-slow-down-on-broadband-stimulus-in.html

The post links to a paper:

http://bpastudio.csudh.edu/fac/lpress/draft/policygeneral.doc

and a PowerPoint presentation:

http://som.csudh.edu/fac/lpress/471/hout/policy.ppt

Note that in addition to spending on infrastructure, the stimulus bill
orders the FCC to prepare a national broadband plan within one year.
That may be more important than this initial spending.  See the post at:

http://cis471.blogspot.com/2009/02/fcc-national-broadband-plan-can.html

Larry