[Air-L] Fwd: Labour 2.0: campaigning for the net generation

Andrew Chadwick Andrew.Chadwick at rhul.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 07:16:54 PST 2009

Hi there,

London-based AIRers may find this event interesting.

Cheers,

Andy Chadwick

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark Harrison <mark at progressives.org.uk>
> Date: 17 February 2009 14:59:30 GMT
> To: <Andrew.Chadwick at rhul.ac.uk>
> Subject: Labour 2.0: campaigning for the net generation
>
> Dear Andrew
>
> Thank you for agreeing to speak at ‘Labour 2.0: campaigning for the
> net generation’, on Saturday 28 February 2009. I’m pleased to
> confirm the arrangements for the day.
>
> We’re very excited that Joe Rospars, New Media Director of Barack
> Obama's 2008 Presidential Campaign, will be making the keynote
> speech at the conference. It will follow an opening address by Rt
> Hon Douglas Alexander MP, Labour’s general election coordinator. You
> can see the full confirmed speaker programme at the bottom of this
> email.
>
> Mark Harrison
> Events Manager
>
> mark at progressives.org.uk
> 020 3008 8180
> 07812 017265
>

> AGENDA
>
> 11:00
> Opening address
> Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP
> Secretary of State for International Development
>
> 11:20
> Keynote speech
> Joe Rospars
> New Media Director, Barack Obama's 2008 Presidential Campaign
>
> 12:00
> What will the future of internet campaigning look like?
> Professor Andrew Chadwick, Director, New Political Communication
> Unit, Royal Holloway, University of London
> Greg Jackson, Tangent
> Tom Steinberg, MySociety
>
> 12:45
> Lunch
>
> 13:30
> Mobilising the centre-left blogging community
> Adam Bienkow, Tory Troll
> Tom Barry, Boris Watch
> Theo Blackwell, blogger and councillor
> Alex Smith, writer and political activist (chair)
>
> 14:15
> Fundraising and voter ID online
> Gavin Shuker, Political Insight
> Jag Singh, MessageSpace
>
> 15:00
> Learning from the private sector
> Simon Redfern
> Oliver Rickman, Google
>
> 15:45
> Afternoon break
>
> 16:00
> Transforming Labour’s campaigns and communications through new media
> Nick Anstead, University of East Anglia
> Matthew McGregor, UK MD, Blue State Digital
> Sue Macmillan, New Media Campaigns Taskforce Leader, The Labour Party
> Paul Simpson, Tangent
> Howard Dawber, PPC for Bexleyheath & Crayford (Chair)
>
> 16:45
> Close of conference debate:
>  Can the centre-left dominate the internet despite being in office?
> James Crabtree, Senior Editor, Prospect
> Derek Draper, LabourList
> Rt Hon David Lammy MP
> Tim Montgomerie, ConservativeHome

> [...]

--------------------------
Professor Andrew Chadwick,
Professor of Political Science,
Head of Department (2006-2009),
Department of Politics & International Relations,
Director, New Political Communication Unit
http://newpolcom.rhul.ac.uk,
Royal Holloway,
University of London.
Series Editor: Oxford Studies in Digital Politics:
http://www.oup.com/us/digitalpolitics
Associate Editor, Journal of Information Technology and Politics:
http://www.jitp.net
New book: http://handbook-of-internet-politics.com
Last Book: http://www.andrewchadwick.com