[Air-L] Internet use and social trust?

Janna Anderson andersj at elon.edu
Thu Feb 12 03:39:32 PST 2009

You might have an interest in the most recent Future of the Internet survey
from Pew Internet. It tested futures scenarios in which it was projected
that social trust/tolerance might be heightened and in which it was
projected that transparency will heighten individual integrity and
forgiveness. Trust issues are incorporated in both of these questions.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/predictions/expertsurveys/2008survey/internet_and_
tolerance_2020.xhtml

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/predictions/expertsurveys/2008survey/internet_and_
privacy_identity_2020.xhtml

Janna

On 2/12/09 6:22 AM, "Peter Timusk" <ptimusk at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> On 10-Feb-09, at 2:57 AM, Mia Lövheim wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I have been involved in the planning of a Swedish survey looking at
>> motives for voluntary work and social trust (generally), and would
>> like to include some questions on uses of the internet in relation
>> to the development of social trust, social capital, and
>> participation in voluntary work that has been tried out previously
>> in international research during the last 2-3 years.
>>
>> Any suggestions of questions and/or publication where I can find
>> this kind of research questions would be most helpful!
>>
>> Thank you in advance for your help,
>>
>> /Mia
>>

> see Canadian survey called the general social survey here for 2007
>
> http://www.statcan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/imdb/p2SV.pl?
> Function=getSurvey&SDDS=4502&lang=en&db=imdb&adm=8&dis=2
>
> a question was asked about online involvement in community groups.
>
> The questionnaire can be downloaded and viewed. Data in summary form
> may be free. There are options to buy more detailed data.
>
> Peter

Janna Quitney Anderson
Director of Imagining the Internet
www.imaginingtheinternet.org