[Air-L] References about interviewing online?

Ulf-Dietrich Reips ureips at genpsy.unizh.ch
Wed Feb 18 06:15:43 PST 2009

Here are two of ours about automated interviewing
in instant messaging. The first one describes the
method, the second one describes an example how
the method was used with about 70'000
interviewees.

Stieger, S., & Reips, U.-D. (2008). Dynamic
Interviewing Program (DIP): Automatic online
interviews via the instant messenger ICQ.
CyberPsychology and Behavior, 11, 201-207.

Paine, C., Reips, U.-D., Stieger, S., Joinson,
A., & Buchanan, T. (2007). Internet users'
perceptions of 'privacy concerns' and 'privacy
actions'. International Journal of Human-Computer
Studies, 65, 526-536.
http://www.psychologie.uzh.ch/sowi/team/reips/papers/InternetPerceptions.pdf

Also likely of relevance:
Maria Krysan & Mick P. Couper:
Race of Interviewer Effects: What Happens on the
Web? In Vol 1(1) of the International Journal of
Internet Science at http://www.ijis.net/

Best --u

--
PD Dr. Ulf-Dietrich Reips