[Air-L] Virtual Ethnography - Methodological Considerations

tboellst at uci.edu tboellst at uci.edu
Mon Feb 23 19:38:23 PST 2009

 Games and Virtual Worlds" will be out soon from MIT Press - it has a
   sustained and interesting discussion of ethnographic methods in
   virtual worlds/online games! Tom
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:13:06 -0600
From: "Andras Lukacs" <Alukacs at luc.edu>
Subject: [Air-L] Virtual Ethnography - Methodological Considerations
To: <air-l at listserv.aoir.org>

Hello ? I'm trying to compile a methodological bibliography
(qualitative/ethnographic) on critical studies of virtual realms/
games.
The best works that actually consider methods seriously are Tom
Boellstorff's book on SL and Dmitri Williams' paper - imho. (Gary
Fine's
ethnography on D&D is a classic of course).
May I pick the lists' collective brain and get further
references/suggestions?
Cheers.

Andras Lukacs
PhD Candidate